Monday 4 May 2009

RSA - Action for Age

Back in March my design for the RSA Design Directions Project was shortlisted and I went on to the next few stages - a mentoring session with ThinkPublic, running a workshop at the RSA for potential users of the service and finally an interview.

The brief asked how designers could help to tackle issues of loneliness and isolation in the older population and I responded by exploring how two different groups of people could be bought together to provide a multi - generational network. I made a quick, short animation to help explain my concept to both the workshop participants and the interview board.




The results of the competition have yet to be announced, but in the meantime my project is moving forward. I was approached after the RSA workshops by a Community Centre in Tower Hamlets who are interested in piloting the scheme and I'm looking forward to meeting with them to discuss how a service, such as The Hub, could be designed to meet their particular needs. KS

1 comment:

MA Design Team said...

It looks great!
AS